- This event has passed.
Richmond River Fish Talks
November 30, 2023 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm AEDT
Fish, floodplains and the future of the Richmond River: Hear from the experts
Here’s your chance to connect with the leading minds in the world of aquatic ecosystems, environmental management, and recreational fishing. We’re bringing together a panel of experts who are deeply committed to securing the future of the Richmond River and its unique fish habitat.
Guest Speakers Include:
- Cassie Price, OzFish Director of Habitat Programs, unveiling the exciting work happening at Tuckean Swamp to restore our precious fish habitat.
- Chrisy Clay, Rous County Council Flood Mitigation Manager, delving into the rich history of the Richmond River estuary and floodplain.
- Patrick Dwyer, from DPI Fisheries’ Marine Estate Management team, sharing insights on how the ecological history of the Richmond River and its floodplain influences fish habitat rehabilitation opportunities.
- Jim Tait from Econcern Consulting, revealing strategies to reintroduce the Eastern Freshwater Cod into the Richmond.
- Joey Urquhart, Tournament bass fisher and lure maker. Fishing the Richmond system over the years and some memorable catches.
- Adrian Melchior, Bassman Spinner Baits ProTeam. Chasing bass in and around snags on spinner baits.
This event isn’t just about information; it’s about solutions. Our experts will empower you with knowledge about the challenges our beloved river faces and the proactive steps OzFish is taking to address them.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of something extraordinary. The Richmond River’s future depends on our collective efforts, and it all begins with knowledge and passion. Attendance is free to anyone in the community, there’ll be catering provided and lucky door prizes. Mark your calendars, invite your fellow fishers and river enthusiasts, and together, let’s write a brighter future for the Richmond River.
This event is made possible by the NSW Recreational Fishing Trust