(Part-time, fixed term of 12 months with possibility of extension)
Tired of working on products you don’t believe in!? Looking for a unique opportunity to shine, grow and harness your exceptional communications expertise whilst making a difference to Australia’s environment?
Our mission at OzFish Unlimited is to protect and restore Australia’s fish habitat and to help recreational fishers in these actions. We are the leading organisation driving this valuable work around Australia and we are looking for someone to join our team who shares our passion to ensure as many people as possible understand the threats our fisheries face and appreciate the role recreational fishers, our partners and supporters are playing to make a difference.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, your main focus will be to drive the media coverage of our work and boost our visibility through marketing of our company, its army of volunteers and our partners to the recreational fishing and broader community.
- Developing, delivery and monitoring our communications and marketing strategy
- Executing innovative and effective publicity campaigns including through both traditional and social media platforms
- Collaborating with Project Managers and Chapter Executives to support local and regional media campaigns and presentations
- Working with our partners and sponsors to ensure great media coverage of their support
- High level skills and experience in delivering successful media and promotions activities
- Demonstrated experience in creating written and visual content
- Proven ability in brand management and promotion and social media engagement
- Located in or near a major city (with the ability to travel away around Australia – and no its not all fishing!)
- Keen recreational fisher
- Previous experience in the fishing and/or not-for-profit sector
- Well established network within key media outlets
This appointment will be for 12 months up to 18hrs a week with the possibility of extension in hours and length of appointment dependent on external funding. Payment equivalent up to $85,000 p.a depending on experience.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a two-page expression of interest by Thursday 26th of July. For more information contact Craig on 0419185538