Ozfish Wagga is driven by a group of enthusiastic and committed recreational fishos. We are keen as mustard to see our local waterways restored and thriving with enhanced habitat and strengthened native fish populations.
Desnagging of the Murrumbidgee River first commenced in 1855 and much of the riparian condition is poor taking away valuable habitat for our beloved native fish species.
We want to:
– Restore native habitat and fish stocks
– Reduce erosion
– Reduce littering and encourage better rubbish disposal habits
– Promote sustainable and responsible fishing
– Increase awareness on issues affecting our local fish habitat
– Increase angler and community effort to restore our fishery
Come and join us in actively making our local area and the Bidgee, better.